Thursday, June 26, 2008

The Week of the Baby

I know it's been a while since I've posted but I've been a little busy. While sitting at my hubby's parent's house, my sis-in-law called. She wanted to know why I had time to sit and visit with them but didn't have time to blog. So, here I am. Oh by the way, give Brayden a kiss for me!
So,
A couple of weeks ago, my hubby and I were able to spend five whole days with our baby and no other kids in the house. It's very seldom that we get "alone time" with any one of our four kids so it was especially sweet. We bought an inexpensive pool the weekend before the two older kids left for church camp. The baby had a blast using it as a slip-and-slide while it was filling up.
The thing about this kid is she has a great personality. Do you remember that commercial about the girl interviewing for a job and she's being asked about skills she may or may not have. Her response was always "No, but I have a great personality!" Well, this kid has the skills AND the personality! Not that I am biased, whatsoever!
She rarely gets in a bad mood. This is her affect 98% of the time. (Is that a correct usage of the term "affect"?) Whatever. She's just really happy.
Especially when she is in the water. Mom, can you tell she's my kid?
OK, back to her personality.
Note her expression in the above picture. The big sister is smiling sweetly while she is clowning it up.
If you can take your eyes off of the extremely white adolescent male in the front, you'll note another typical expression frequently worn by the baby.

Even when the two older are trying to dunk each other, she's still clownin'. Before anyone asks, it's all her Dad's doing. I promise.

3 comments:

Brayden's mom said...

Thank You for FINALLY posting something! HAHA! Caleb looks so much like Shawn in that picture. Brayden said to study hard so you can play with him when we come in.

Jeff and Mandee said...

What fun pics! I finished blogging. Alex can get the computer now. Sorry I'm so slow.

Jeff and Mandee said...

This is Jeff masqurading as Mandee. Yes that is a correct use of affect! We've enjoyed having Bailey. She's becoming such a big girl and a big help with our kids.