Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Learning to Take Good Pictures

Call me silly but when my new, shiny camera arrived in the mail, I thought "Yippee, I'm gonna take great pictures!" Well, maybe not those exact words but along those lines. It didn't quite work out that way! You see, part of taking great pictures is science (knowing how the camera works, the logistics of subject placement, yada, yada, yada) the other part is art (seeing in your minds eye what you want the subject to look like and making that happen). I had no problem with the art part. I've always been a very visual person but I've not always been a scientific person. I had a quick run-down on camera operation by my friend, Jeff, at work. After playing around a little I was starting to get the hang of it. I also learned to use my camera to take black and whites. All other black and whites that I've posted have been edited using software. This is the "straight out of the camera shot".
Please excuse the play clothes and messy hair. Like I said, we were just playing around but this one is pretty good if I do say so myself!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

The picture or the girl? Love you Bailey girl

Kim said...

That is a BEAUTIFUL picture!!!

sheila_j71 said...

OMG, that is an awesome shot. Bailey looks so grown up and beautiful I think I may cry.

Jeff and Mandee said...

Its perfect! She is so beautiful and you caught both sides of her in one shot. "Wanna be a grown up" and playful/slightly wild kid! I love it!

Oh! Thanks for saving me tonight. I don't know what I'd do without you, even if you are five hours away!

Brayden's mom said...

That is a really good picture, oh course I Love the one on the post before :-) It was good to see you guys, Brayden had fun, oh course he had 4 people all watching him who would not have fun!

JoyceB said...

Lovely photograph of a beautiful girl! You done good.

Brittney said...

She is just gorgeous! Beautiful photography as well!