Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day

My hubby and kids know that I love being outside. When we bought this house it had this huge flower bed in front of the house full of rose bushes and weeds. That was 3 years ago. So we're a little slow about getting things done. Oh well.
So, for mother's day my hubby started getting rid of the rose bushes and weeds. He has a way about doing those little thoughtful things that makes me happy. Just like bringing a big batch of WARM chocolate chip cookies to the whole crew at work last night. Just cause he's nice like that!
While daddy worked on the flower bed, the rest of the kids took care of the mowing.

He's so small and light that he has a hard time keeping the seat down. When the seat comes up, the mower dies. Do you see a pattern here?
Mr Tough Teenager. Dad taught him well. He's got the safety glasses on.

I'm sure this girl is wondering why she's the girl but the boy gets the riding lawn mower. Speaking of the younger kids, "Where's the youngest?"


Ahh, here is the little princess...


Watching Princess Diaries. Really, she has bad allergies. Yeah. That's why she's lying on the couch. Not moving a muscle. Oh, she has allergies alright. She's also the baby.

3 comments:

Jeff and Mandee said...

It is good to be the baby! You have some good kids. I'm just not sure I can handle them getting much bigger.

Like the new t.v., by the way.

sheila_j71 said...

Well of course she's on the couch, I'm sure the others are just hogging all the equipment.
Poor Chase and I have allergies as well, can't be outside during and just after Gordon mows.

Unknown said...

There's nothing wrong with being the baby. I've been one for how many years? Just ask aunt B B and uncle Sonny about what a baby gets by with you may need a day or so to hear everything.