Saturday, May 31, 2008

Relay, Music, and Horticulture


Last night was the relay for life walk. There are a lot of fun events held throughout the night but it is also a good reminder of all the people who are helped because of the money raised at these events throughout the country. People like this, and this, and this. The kids had so much fun, running all over the football field and hanging out with friends and family.

The youngest with her G.G.



Both youngest with their Meme.




Have you ever noticed how much kids like cake walks? My kids must be cake-deprived because they are serious about some cake-walkin'!




The two oldest. (In the pink and brown.) Don't tell anyone, but I think my oldest seriously has a crush on his sister's friend.




Me and my honey. Taken by one of our vertically challenged children.



The two oldest are in a band with their youth group. My oldest boy plays the bass and oldest girl sings. They were super nervous with last night being their first gig and all but they did really well!


Here is the whole band in action. You really can't see them too well so I'll show you a close-up because I know you are just dying to see it.



My first-born. Holy cow, this makes me feel so old! Look at him! He looks so grown up standing up there. So far, he hasn't attracted any groupies but I'm on the look-out.

OK, so I messed up when I uploaded the pictures. The girl is at the top. You can scroll back up if you want to. She's so stinkin' pretty. Just hurts my eyes.

Remember when my honey worked on my flowerbed for mothers day? Yes that was a while back but we finally finished it today. Well, the girls and I worked on it while the males in our house cleaned, stained, and painted bee hives (another story for another time).


Here's on angle.


Here's another. Not bad, if I do say so myself. Maybe not "city landscaping" but I love it!




2 comments:

Unknown said...

I don't know what happened to our kids, they have all grown up. It's hard to believe Caleb & Alex are 9th graders. The others are 6th 5th 4th 3rd and 18 months. that's quite a crew. I loved the pictures. Would you believe I want copies of them. I have a new frame so I need new pictures to fill it.

Jeff and Mandee said...

Hey! I'm on the computer. The band pics are fun. He's probably up there thinking...how does pawpaw stand when he's playing. hehehe! I like your flower bed even better than the roses and that's saying a lot coming from me! I better go. Jeff will think I'm lost!